7 signs you need a new furnace
1. High energy bills: If your monthly energy bills are higher than usual and you haven’t made any significant changes to your heating or cooling habits, then it may be time for a new furnace. An old, inefficient furnace can use up more energy than necessary, making it difficult to maintain comfortable temperatures in your home without breaking the bank.
2. Strange noises: Does your furnace sound like it’s about to take off all the time? Unusual clanking, banging, and humming noises coming from your furnace can indicate that something is wrong with its components, and it may be time for a new one.
3. Inconsistent heating: Is there an area of your home that never gets warm, no matter how high you set the thermostat? That could be because your furnace is not distributing heat evenly throughout the house, making it difficult to get comfortable. Replacing your old and inefficient furnace with a newer model can help solve this problem.
4. Age: If your furnace is more than 15 years old, then it may be time for an upgrade. Older furnaces become less efficient as they age, so replacing them with a newer, more efficient model can help you save money on energy bills in the long run.
5. Unpleasant odors: If you notice an unpleasant odor coming from your furnace when it’s running, it could be due to worn out parts or corrosion that’s built up over time. The only way to get rid of the smell and make sure your furnace is running safely is to replace it with a new one.
6. Frequent repairs: If you’ve been calling repair technicians on a regular basis, then it may be cheaper in the long run to just get a brand-new furnace instead of wasting money on multiple repairs.
7. Yellow burner flame: When your furnace starts up, check the color of its burner flame—it should be blue, not yellow or orange. A yellow or orange flame indicates that there could be carbon monoxide leaking from your furnace, which can be dangerous for you and your family. In this case, replacing your old furnace with a newer, safer model is the best option.
If you’ve noticed any of these signs that indicate it may be time for a new furnace, then don’t wait to get it replaced. Investing in a new, energy-efficient furnace can help you save money on your energy bills while also providing reliable heating and cooling for your home.
Rancho Heating & Air Plumbing was voted one of the BEST plumbers in 2022 by Expertise.com and we want to help you with your plumbing needs! We are located conveniently in RSM (Rancho Santa Margarita) and offer top-of-the-line services. Give us a call today to book your appointment! We look forward to speaking with you soon.