7 Signs You Need A New Furnace
Here are 7 Signs You Need A New Furnace! Before diving in.. here at Rancho Heating & Air Plumbing we provide the best customer service and are backed up by more than 25+ years of experience!
1. Your furnace is more than 15 years old – Depending on the make and model, the average lifespan of a furnace is between 15 and 20 years. If your furnace falls within this age range and you’re seeing any of the other signs discussed in this article, it may be time for an upgrade.
2. You notice dramatic fluctuations in temperature – Older furnaces can struggle to maintain a consistent temperature throughout your home. If you have rooms that are too hot or too cold, even after adjusting your thermostat settings, then you may need to consider replacing your system with a newer one.
3. Your equipment isn’t energy efficient – If you find that it’s taking longer to heat your home and you’re paying more for energy costs, then it may be time to replace your furnace with a newer, more efficient model. Look out for the Energy Star label when shopping around – this means that an appliance meets certain criteria set by the Department of Energy.
4. Your furnace has broken multiple times – If you find yourself fixing your equipment frequently due to problems such as pilot light issues or noisy operation, then it might make sense to invest in a new unit that won’t cost you money on repairs every few months.
5. Your furnace keeps cycling on and off - If your system is continually turning itself on and off, even when not at peak usage times, then you may need to replace your furnace with a new one. This could be due to an issue with the thermostat, or it could indicate that your system is not functioning properly and needs to be replaced.
6. You experience strange odors – If you’re noticing an unpleasant smell coming from your furnace, then this may indicate that there is a problem with the system or its components. This could range from something as minor as dust accumulation, to something more serious such as gas leaks. Have a professional check it out before making any decisions about replacing the unit.
7. Your home has excessive dust – One of the most common signs of poor air quality in your home is excessive dust buildup.