1. Regularly clean or replace your air filters. Clogged, dirty filters block normal airflow and reduce a system's efficiency significantly. With normal airflow obstructed, air that bypasses the filter may carry dirt directly into the evaporator coil and impair the coil's heat-absorbing capacity. Replacing a dirty, clogged filter with a clean one can improve energy efficiency and lower your cooling costs by 5 to 15 percent.
2. Make sure that all of your windows and doors are sealed properly in order to keep cool air from escaping from inside your home. This will help maintain comfortable temperatures throughout the day without having to excessively run your AC unit. Weather stripping and caulking around windows can also help prevent drafts from entering your home.
3. Consider installing a programmable thermostat. A programmable thermostat allows you to preset temperatures for various times of day and automatically reduce energy consumption when you are away or asleep. Most models also feature an override switch that lets you temporarily adjust the set temperature without changing the program settings, so even if your schedule changes unexpectedly, there’s no need to worry about wasting energy.
4. Take advantage of natural cooling methods like opening windows and using exhaust fans whenever possible to reduce your reliance on air conditioning. Ceiling fans can also help circulate cool air throughout your home during warm days by pushing it down from the ceiling, making it feel several degrees cooler than the actual temperature in the room.
5. Have your air conditioner serviced regularly by a qualified technician. Regular maintenance will help ensure that your AC runs more efficiently and lasts longer. It will also help to identify any potential problems before they become serious enough to require costly repairs or replacements. Make sure you have an experienced professional come out and inspect the unit at least once a year, preferably in the spring months before hot weather hits.
Finally, remember that proper use of your air conditioner can help save energy, reduce bills, and improve the quality of air in your home. If you follow these tips and take care of your AC system properly, it should provide many years of reliable cooling comfort for you and your family!
In conclusion, if you need quality plumbing and heating and air services in Rancho Santa Margarita, look no further than Call Rancho Heating and Air! There is no plumbing or HVAC project too big or too small for us at Call Rancho Heating and Air – so contact us today and let us take care of all your needs!