What NOT to throw in the Garbage Disposal!
The garbage disposal is a great tool for disposing of small amounts of food, but some items should never be put down the drain. Here are some things to NEVER put in your garbage disposal:
1. Grease, Oil and Fat - Grease can quickly cool and congeal inside the pipes leading from your sink and lead to clogging issues.
2. Stringy Vegetables - Celery, onions, artichokes and other vegetables with fibrous strings can get tangled up in the blades of a disposal, jamming them or worse yet causing them to break apart altogether.
3. Large Bones - Animal bones such as chicken, fish or pork bones should not be put into a garbage disposal as they can damage the blades.
4. Coffee Grounds - Coffee grounds may seem harmless, but they can accumulate at the bottom of your drain and trap other particles that can cause clogging problems.
5. Fruit Pits - Pit from fruits like peaches, plums and avocados are too hard for a garbage disposal to break down and can easily jam the blades or even break them apart altogether.
6. Egg Shells - Egg shells have a waxy coating that when combined with water forms a paste-like consistency that is difficult for most disposals to grind up properly, leading to potential clogging issues in your pipes.
7. Starchy Foods - Potatoes, rice and pasta are all starchy foods that should never be put into a garbage disposal because they can expand when combined with water and cause clogging.
It is always best to avoid putting any foreign objects down the drain, as it can potentially damage or break your garbage disposal. If you experience an issue with your garbage disposal, call a professional plumber right away in order to avoid further damage.
At Rancho Heating & Air Plumbing, we strive to provide the best quality plumbing services and solutions for customers in the Rancho Santa Margarita area.
Our team of highly trained and experienced plumbers are committed to providing excellent customer service while delivering reliable and long-lasting results. We use advanced technology and top-of-the-line equipment to ensure that our plumbing services meet all local building codes and regulations.
We also back up our work with a satisfaction guarantee. With over 25 years of experience in the industry, you can trust that you’re getting quality workmanship from expert technicians when you choose Rancho Heating & Air Plumbing for all your plumbing needs.
Our commitment to customer satisfaction is evident through our high ratings from independent review sites such as Google and Yelp. So if you're looking for an experienced, reliable and affordable plumbing company in the Rancho Santa Margarita area, look no further than Rancho Heating & Air Plumbing!